Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day at the Park



Sunday was such a busy day that we decided to devote Monday entirely to spending time together. Also, Austin had spent Sunday night with us and we usually try to do something extra fun when he is over.

I woke up early and made a big breakfast. I taught Bailey how to make homemade biscuits, which she loved doing. After we ate, everyone got dressed, packed some drinks and snacks and headed to the "Playground of Dreams" in Arlington. We'd never been there but I'd read about it online and it sounded awesome! It turned out to be even better than we'd imagined.

The kids were so excited! When we got there, they all took off in different directions. After playing for a while, we went for a walk. There was an obstacle course set up alongside the walking trail. The kids had a blast trying each obstacle then running to the next one.

At the end of the trail there was a memorial for fallen soldiers. It was a great opportunity to talk to the kids about why we observe Memorial Day. The older two understood, the babies just thought that the flags were really cool. :)

Afterwards, we took them all to Back Yard Burger for lunch and ice cream. I think they all had a blast, but they were pooped on the way home. I love that. When my kids have so much fun and play so hard that they pass out in the car on the way home. I love to look back and see their sweet faces all flushed, their hair sweaty and stuck to their face and their little bodies covered in dirt. So carefree and content. Not much can compare to seeing my babies that happy.
Bailey, Luke, Presley and Austin at the entrance to the park.

The tire swings were Bailey's favorite.

Luke playing on the tractor.


Presley on the swings!!

Some very happy kiddos!


I had one of Bailey asleep that was so sweet but this one cracked me up!

Sweet Luke


Presley was out!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow. What a sweet day. That is so nice that you do things like that with your kids. You'll have to tell me where that park is sometime!

Gabby said...

Wow! That pic was hilarious!!! Bay and Austin!! LOL!! Looked like so much fun!