Saturday, May 3, 2008

Luke's Day






I pick on my sweet Luke a lot. I talk about how mischievous he is and the trouble he gets into. And those things are true, but there is also another side of Luke. He is charming and loving and sweet. He loves to flirt with girls whenever he can. He is very protective of his sisters. He calls Bay his sweet girl and Presley is “my Presley”. They do have their fights, but most of the time he hugs them and takes care of them. He gives the worlds best hugs. Luke is more excited about life than anyone I know. Everything is an adventure for him. He is so grateful for anything that you give him and makes you feel so good about it, even if it is something as small as a piece of candy. He is so smart and will sit and work on something until he figures it out. He loves to play with his tools; he loves animals and playing ball. He is just such a joy in my life.


Anyway, I sometimes feel sorry for Luke because he didn’t get to be the baby for very long before I had Presley. He is also the boy stuck in between two girls. I wanted to take him out and do something special, just for him. Bre wanted to do the same thing with Brandon because she has been so busy with the twins that he hasn’t been getting the attention that he was used to before they came. So Friday we went on a date.


Our plan was to go to the zoo and just let them run and play and be really relaxed about it. Even though the weather forecast didn’t look too promising, we decided to go anyway. I am so glad that we did. I guess because it was cool, all of the animals were out. Usually, we go when it was hot and they are all hiding in the shade. The boys loved seeing the lions and tigers and monkeys. The zoo has also done a lot of renovations and they had the sea lion and polar bear exhibits open. They were so cool! The boys loved watching the polar bear swim around. They also loved the sea lions. We rode on the tram and they had sno- cones. That was Brandon’s favorite part, I think. :) Before we left, we let them take off their shoes and walk on the stepping stones. Of course Luke fell in! He was soaked but I was just so glad that he was having fun that I didn’t even care.


We went to Huey’s for lunch. Luke was so excited that he got to sit in a big boy chair. I loved being able to focus all of my attention on him for a while. We had so much fun!


When I was putting him to bed that night I told him how much fun I had on our date. He gave me the biggest hug and said “I want to do that again, Mommy!” Me too buddy and we will.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Awww... How much fun! I'm so glad you guys got to spend a day together. You seriously make an INCREDIBLE mom!