Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Field Day




I have been a single mom again this week. Bry left early Sunday afternoon. For some reason, when he leaves on Sunday it makes the week go by so much slower. Anyway, we didn’t get a single call about the house the whole week he was in town. And of course, they called Sunday night and wanted to see it Monday. Also, Bailey was supposed to have field day on Friday. Bry was going to go with her because siblings were not allowed but it was rained out and rescheduled for Monday. Since he was out of town and I didn’t have a sitter I ended up taking the kids with me. Needless to say it was a crazy morning trying to get all 3 kids ready, make the house spotless, pack a cooler and have everyone out the door on time. We did it though!

Despite how hot it was and that it lasted 4 hours, the kids did really well. I took lots of snacks and drinks so that helped. They stayed in their stroller because I didn’t want them running out into the games and getting hurt. I was walking around trying to get pics of Bay. Once, when I was several feet away from the stroller I heard Luke say “Need a tissue, Mommy?” I looked over and saw my precious, mischievous son holding and opened tampon. He had taken out of my bag and un-wrapped it and was holding his arm up high and proudly displaying it to me and all of the moms and dads around me.

Presley seemed to have a good time. One of the other Moms brought her toddler also. He was around Prelsey’s age. At first they were play fighting. She put up her “dukes” and kept saying “C’mon, you wanna fi-me”. Then she did a complete turn around and started hugging him and smooching him and tried her best to pull him into the stroller with her. It was hilarious! That poor little boy didn’t know what hit him.

Bay had fun doing the relay races and hanging out with her friends. She was a little ticked off that her team came in last. It is so funny how competitive she is, I don’t know where she gets that from! :)

No comments: