Thursday, May 22, 2008

Am I really the mother of a 3rd grader??

Bailey's last day of 2nd grade was Wednesday. The school had End of the Year parties on Monday. On Tuesday, they cleaned the classroom and their desks. Finally, on Wednesday there was the Awards Ceremony.

I always look forward to the end of the year party. After having snacks and playing a few games in the classroom, the kids go outside for more games, moon bounces and yummy treats.I don't remember ever having anything close to that when I was in school.

On Tuesday, everyone basically cleans out their desks and then helps the teacher take stuff off the walls, etc. It is a half day and they get to dress casual, which of course they love. I, being the doofus that I have become in the past few years, forgot that it was a half day. I realized while I was putting the babies down for their nap and just about had a heart attack. I was already 30 minutes past pickup time when it hit me. Luckily, one of Bay's best friends stays at the school with her Mom who works in the office. When I got there (in tears), Bay said "Don't worry Mommy! I'm glad you forgot! I had fun with Emma. Precious child.

Anyway on Wednesday, Bay got all dressed up for Awards Day. It's mostly for the 5th graders but Bay did receive an award for Bible Verse Memory and she was recognized for having her poem placed in a book. We also received her final report card (all A's) and her achievement test results (she exceeded or met all of the required scores. Can she really be my daughter? :) I am so proud of my girl!

I can't believe how time flies! I feel like she just started preschool! Only 2 more years and she'll be moving to the big campus. I don't know if I can take it!

Anyway, here are a few pics of her fun filled week. Enjoy!

The PE teachers launched water balloons at the kids using a huge slingshot. It was so funny and the kids loved it!

There was a huge moon bounce and also a slide for the kids to play on.

Bailey taking her turn trying to dunk her Computer teacher, Mr. Todd. He was a very good sport. Don't you love his dunking outfit??

Bay cooling off with a sno-cone after all that fun in the sun.

Bay and two of her closest friends, Emma and Carson. The kids had plenty of sugar that day!

As you can see, my child is not thrilled about being on the stage. Like Mother, like Daughter!

Bay's teacher, Mrs. Short and her teacher's assistant, Mrs. Garrett. They are two of the sweetest ladies that I've met. Bay loves them.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow!! I'd be really proud of her too. She is an AMAZING girl. And the half-day story is pretty hilarious! Tell Bailey I said Congratulations!

Holly Aytes said...

I didn't realize that Bailey was the same age as Taylor. I was thinking that her and Haley were the same age, not sure why I thought that but I did. I too can't believe how fast they are growing. Taylor's school is seperated into 4 campuses K-2 in primary, 3-5 in intermediate, 6-9 in middle and 10-12 in the high school. And is school is bigger than her old one. K-2 had a little over 1100 students this year (that is the new school caleb will be at next year) while taylor's school this year had like 600 in K-2. Not sure what the "intermediate" school she will be in has # wise but I am sure it is big like the primary. where is Bailey at?