Monday, May 26, 2008

Backyard BBQ

Every year, my Mom has this great idea. "We should have a picnic and invite all of our family and friends!" I usually respond to this with something like "yeah, that sounds good..." Then we sit there in silence for a few minutes. I know what this silence means because I know my mother. When she says "we should...whatever, what she really means is that she wants me to do it. :)

So that is how I ended up with 45 people in my house on Sunday.

We decided on a backyard BBQ instead of a picnic so that we wouldn't have to cancel in case of rain. Mom and I were really excited with the turnout. We missed those who couldn't make it, but honestly I don't know where we would have put them!!

It was so great to have most of our family together and to catch up with those we haven't seen in a while.

Sunday also happened to be my Grandfather's birthday. We got him a cake and instead of all of us singing Happy Birthday, Peyton serenaded him (which was hilarious!) Papaw took me aside later and told me that this was the best birthday he's ever had (which almost made me cry!)

Except for the grill nearly blowing up (seriously), a few major spills and the house looking like a bomb had gone off in it afterwards, the party actually ran pretty smoothly.

I had these big plans to take all kinds of great pics but quickly realized that hosting a party for that many people leaves very little time for anything else. (I didn't even get to go to the potty until everyone was gone. Sorry, TMI.) Bailey did take my camera and snap a few pics but then she got right back to playing. Anyway, here are a few that she took...

Me and my JoJo. She helped me so much! By the way, I know I look sweaty and rough but hey, I was working hard! Those people were hungry and demanding!! And it doesn't help that I am standing next to my beautiful sis-in-law! :)


My handsome brother. I love this guy so much! My sweet Bubs.

Sefer! (Sweet Seth) Already handsome like his Daddy and just as lovable!

Old friends are the best! Jeff Speck, Jason Sorrell, Heather (Jason's wife) and Sue Wynne.

My aunt Carolyn, Uncle Jeff, Bry and some more guests visiting outside. (Bry worked so hard! He made us the yummiest burgers!)

Mom with one of my sweet fat babies.

Naner holding the other little chunker. Another great thing about twins... the grandmothers don't fight over who gets to hold the baby.

The man who started it all! My wonderful Papaw. Happy Birthday to you!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Dang!! I wish we could've come! It looks like you guys had fun! We'll be there next time!

Gabby said...

AWWWWW!!!!! I hate that we had to miss it!! I miss all of you guys!! Looks like you had a blast! Sweet Papaw!! :) You are such a great hostess! Love you!

joeyg said...

The party was a hit. It was great seeing all those peeps. I have seen them in a while. You are a wonderful mom and sister.
I love you