Sunday, May 25, 2008

Every party needs a pooper, that's why we invited....

I just had to share these pics. We went to Kroger to get some things for our backyard BBQ (that's a story for another blog, I'm too tired to write about it right now.) Anyway, I spotted this inflated pool filled with balls. I, of course, took this as an invitation to let my kids play in the pool. I mean, why else would Kroger put something so tempting right out where the kids could see it? And really, who would it hurt? They had a blast trying to bury themselves and each other underneath all of the balls. I will admit that there were balls bouncing out of the pool, but I put them back!

Mr. PartyPooper, aka my hubby, was about to have a heart attack. He couldn't believe that I was allowing our children to *GASP* act like children! I tried to explain to him that the good people at Kroger had practically given us an invitation to play. I'm sure that it didn't help his blood pressure any that he was having to round up most of the balls while I snapped about a hundred pictures. But hey, he never minded running after balls when he played softball the first 10 or so years of our marriage. Did I ever mention that he played 4-6 days of the week? or that I went to almost every game, rain or shine? Anniversaries and birthdays included? I didn't complain about that, but he turned purple from embarrassment, anxiety, anger, whatever because I was having a "silly" moment with my kiddos.

I guess one of us has to be mature. I'm still trying to figure out which one of us that is though. :)

Oh well, at least I got some cute pictures out of it...


1 comment:

Gabby said...

OMG!!! That is so hilarious!!!! You go mommy!!! I wish I could have seen Bryan's face!!!! You are so funny!!! Love the pics!!! :)