Thursday, April 24, 2008

OF COURSE!!

Bryan has been out of town since early Monday morning. Needless to say, I haven’t been able to get on my computer very often. I have been journaling on paper so that when I got the chance to blog I could recap my week. So here it goes…
We finally put the house back on the market a couple weeks ago. Somehow I knew that as soon as Bry went out of town, they would want to show it. That brings us to Monday.

Crye-Leike called and informed us of a 9:45 showing. Luckily, Bryan was able to help me get the house clean before he left. So all I had to do was keep it that way. I took the kids to the park and we had a lot of fun. When the showing was over we met Mom at my house. She was watching the kids so I could go see my fat babies. (Translation- Cameron and Carson) Anyway, she took the kids outside to play on the new swing set and I was preparing to leave. (Translation-going potty) Mom busts through the door screaming for me to come quick!! I run outside to find Mom pointing at a snake that was heading right for my house. ICK!! Luke is standing there like a statue and Presley is trying her best to get past Mom so she can pick the snake up! The child is fearless. Anyway, I won’t go into the long, embarrassing and hilarious story of my fight with the snake but in the end, the snake got away. OF COURSE we would have a snake when Bry is out of town, right?!
Some of the other interesting events of the day were finding a HUGE wasp in my breakfast room and having to kill it without getting stung. Also, Presley poured a whole glass of tea on my freshly mopped floors. Oh yeah, and Crye Leike called to say we were showing the house again Tuesday at 11. OF COURSE.

Tuesday
I was able to keep the kids out of the house all morning so that it would stay clean for the showing. I met Bre at Chick-fi-la for lunch. It was quite comical, I’m sure, for anyone who saw us trying to eat. Bre was feeding the twins and I was trying to get my two to eat before going to play (in the indoor play area). I finally gave in and let them go. Bre and I looked a little rough, as Mom’s sometimes do, and OF COURSE we see our buddy Liz’s hubby, Zach. He, of course, was all dressed up in a suit and looking like a normal, sane human being. Bre and I on the other hand were in spit up and ketchup, covered jeans and t-shirts with our hair half in and out of ponytails and very little make-up on, if any. (Why do you always see people you know when you are looking your worst? But yet you get all dressed up and feel beautiful and you see NOONE! ) Anyway, after much craziness, we knew it was time to go when Presley got her fingers smashed in the door. She screamed so loud that I lost my hearing for a few minutes. On my way home I received a call from my hubby. Crye- Leike called. We have another showing from 5:30-6:30. Dinnertime. OF COURSE!

Bre was kind enough (or crazy enough, I’m not sure which) to invite us to her house for dinner. It went surprisingly well considering how outnumbered we were by kids. As we were preparing to leave Presley poured a glass of tea into one of Bre’s candles and all over the table and floor. It was definitely time to call it a night.

Wednesday
Today we had plans to meet Jo and the kids at the park. We actually were able to keep the house clean and get to the park on time. Jo was a little late but we had fun playing while we waited. Bay was out of school today so she was able to come with us. The kids were so excited when Ella, Seth and Jo arrived. I’m so glad we planned this. My kids adore Ella and Seth but they rarely get to see them without a bunch of other kids around. Luke was such a gentleman to Ella. He helped her get water from the fountain. It was so cute! Presley and Ella liked splashing in the fountain but had a little “tiff” about who got to push the button. (Two very strong female personalities, what do we expect?) Bailey got bored with the heat real fast but she was such a big help to me all day. She is so good with all of the kids. We played for about and hour but it got really hot so we decided to get lunch. We met at McDonald’s on Trinity, they have the best play area! The kids loved it and Jo and I really enjoyed the air conditioning. After much fun in the maze of tunnels and slides, we decided it was time for naps. The little ones were not too happy about that but we managed to drag them out, literally. Jo and I decided that next time we would skip the “hot” park and go straight to the indoor play area.
The rest of the day went surprisingly smooth. I am looking forward to tomorrow though. My hubby’s coming home!! Absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder!!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm seriously sitting here in my office laughing. Your blog post was hilarious. I have several things to say.

1. Jo was late?? You said that so casually- as if it happens often. The Jo I know is NEVER late. :)

2. Zach told me he ran into you guys at Chick-Fil-A, but didn't say anything about the way you were dressed. He did, however, say how much fun you guys are and that we need to get together more.

3. And lastly- I think it is AWESOME (and very Elizabeth-Like) to grab a camera in the midst of the snake madness to grab a picture. I love that!