Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ahhh Motherhood...

You know, I’ve realized since having kids that no one warns you about some of the things that will happen. Before I had kids, there was this picture in my mind of how it would be. I didn’t think it would be easy but I really had no idea of what I was in for.
For instance, we were going to dinner at Bubs and Jo’s Friday night. I was in the kitchen frying hamburger meat to put into the baked beans. Bryan was upstairs working, Bailey was at school and the babies were in the atrium watching TV. I go over to the sink to drain the meat and I glance up through the window into the atrium. I immediately drop the meat and scream for Bry.
The reason? Well… Luke is lying on the floor, diaper off, legs in the air and poop all over his rear! What’s worse? Presley is in the line of fire with a wipe in her hand trying to clean him up. His diaper is laying a few feet away (on my carpet) poop side down. I run in and said “What are you doing”!?! (Dumb question, I know, but parents seem to be full of them. ) Luke tells me he pooped and “Pressy” is changing his “biper”. Presley is so proud of herself and is holding up the wipe and showing it to me. That is when I notice that she has poop all over both arms, on her shirt and on her legs. There is also poop on my carpet and apparently Luke was trying to help in cleaning himself because he had it on his hands too. As I am cleaning Presley up and watching Bry deal with Luke out of the corner of my eye, (Bry’s face was almost purple, he was so upset.) All I could think was… this is going to be hilarious one day.
Maybe that’s why people don’t tell you about these kinds of things. Because really, would anyone have kids if they had a clear picture of what they were in for before hand?
Or maybe they don’t tell you because they want to laugh at you like everyone laughed at them when they were going through it.

2 comments:

Gabby said...

that was hilarious!!! did you take any pictures?!! LOL!!!

Elizabeth said...

That is absolutely hilarious... and gross all at the same time. I'm sure you had to be laughing at least a little bit!