Sunday, April 6, 2008

Girls Night






Our family has always been so close and we have so much fun together. Up until we started having more kids, we got together at least once a week. It is impossible to do that now, but we do try to get together as much as possible. Even so, with all the kids, cooking, cleaning up.... we really weren't able to have a lot of girl talk.
So towards the middle of last year we decided to start a girls night out. No hubby's, kids or even friends allowed. Once a month we meet up for dinner and usually a movie. ("We" being me, Mom, Jo and Bre.) We talk and eat and laugh and act silly. It's so funny to see how different and relaxed we are when we aren't in the "wife-mommy" mode. It has become something that I not only look forward to but I need.

I feel so lucky to have these ladies in my life. They are each so important to me and I truly can't imagine my life without them.

Mom is the person who has always been there for me and has loved me unconditionally. She's so laid back and easy going. She is always smiling and making people feel good. She cares so much about other people that it's almost like she can feel whatever someone else is feeling. She would give the shirt off her back to help someone who needed it. She has this innocence to her. She wants to see the best in everyone. We love to shock her with our stories and pick on her about her "blonde" moments.

Bre is like having an extension of myself. Watching her twin boys now makes me realize that's how I feel about her. I feel totally connected and like I belong when I'm with her. We can laugh at almost anything together and act like goofy little kids. I know that no matter what I tell her, she will keep my secrets and not judge me. I also know that if I get upset, she will have my back and either get fired up or calm me down- whatever I need at the time.

Jo is just like sunshine. She makes you feel better just by being in the same room. She's such a great listener and will give you and honest opinion when you need it. She also has this great sassy side that I think surprises people. She's really strong in her beliefs but doesn't try to push them onto other people. She has this wonderful lust for life that is contagious. You can't help being happy around her.

I am so grateful for my girls and our nights out! Because of them, I am a better person, a better wife and a better Mommy.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

awwww!!!! thanks, ange! that was so sweet!!! i love our girls nights, too!!! you think the guys would mind if we started doing it once a week!?! ha!

beam, beam, beam! (get it? sunshine?)

jo :)

Gabby said...

That is just so cool! I am so jealous! :)

bre said...

i like jo's idea about the once a week thing!! just to keep my sanity in line!

Elizabeth said...

Wow. This is the sweetest thing I've read in a long time. I agree with you on everything you wrote! But you left off yourself. I know I'm still getting to know you, but I would say "You have a contagious love for life. You're always trying to make yourself the best you can be. You love your family and friends more than you love yourself. You would sacrifice pretty much anything for the people you love. And you're quite possibly one of the funniest people I know. Oh yeah... and you love BAMA. Roll Tide!"