Friday, April 18, 2008

My daughter, the poet


A few months ago, Bailey’s guidance counselor asked the kids at ECS who were interested to submit a poem to her. The poems that she chose would then be sent in to a contest. The poems that were chosen from that would be published in a book. Well, Bailey’s poem was chosen and we just received the book yesterday. The book is Celebrating Poetry- An Anthology of Young Poets. I am so excited and so proud of her. She is such a smart and creative little girl. Her grades aer awesome. Her teachers have loved her every year. She loves to write and draw and paint. I don’t think there is anything in this world that she can’t do if she puts her mind to it.
More than that, she is just such a great person. She is sweet and thoughtful. Always trying to help me and make my life easier. She is such a good big sister. Luke and Presley adore her. She takes so much time with them. She reads to them, plays games and dances. She kisses their boo-boos. She acts silly and entertains them when they are sad. I can see the joy on her face when the do something cute and I can feel her pride when they learn something new.
I love the relationship that she and I have. We had so much time together before the little ones came that we became best buds. We love to shop together and we both have a passion for books. We are both addicted to shoes and soap operas. She is my little mini-me.
Anyway, I just wanted to do a little bragging on my little girl.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Yay Bailey!!!

So proud of you, girly!!!

Gabby said...

Go Bay!!! :)