Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Showering Jo and Lily

On Saturday, Bre and I hosted a shower for Jo. We actually had to talk her into allowing us to give her a shower. She felt like she already had everything she needed. She's really considerate and modest like that. I guess she didn't want anyone to feel like that had to spend money on her with the economy being what it is. Anyway, we convinced her that it wasn't just about the gifts. We really wanted to celebrate Lily and put that way, how could she refuse?? So we compromised with the Diapers and Wipes theme and just a few guests. We made pink punch, brownies with pink icing and lots of other yummy food. The paper products and decorations were pink and white. Bre brought a gorgeous bouquet of Lily's to honor the little one we were celebrating. Jo was overwhelmed with the amount of diapers and wipes she received and surprised with the other gifts we couldn't help but sneak in. It was such a fun afternoon with the girls!
And everyone knows I hate to get "mushy" but I have to say that I adore my bonus sister. My brother married someone who is even more beautiful on the inside than she is on the outside. She is such a great example of what a mom and wife should be. More importantly, she strives so hard to be who God wants her to be. She is an awesome listener, a great friend. I have never met anyone who is less judgemental or more full of joy than my JoJo.
Anyway, here are a few pics from our fun day in honor of Jo and Lily...
Jo showing off some of the cute, girly outfits for Lily. Hand-me-down's are great but a girl's gotta have clothes of her own, right!?


More fun stuff for Ms. Lily. I love how expressive Jo is!
Jo with Bre, Me, Mom, Nana, Mamaw Hodge and Bailey. (Bay loves her JoJo sooo much. She was Jo's practice baby before she started having her own.) :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, how perfect!!! I HATE I couldn't make it, but it seriously looks like SO much fun!