Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Daddy and their Daddy

I woke up at 4 AM on Father's Day to the loudest snoring I've ever heard. And his mouth was basically on my ear. I tried nudging Bry so he would roll over. Normally, when that fails I hold his nose or smack him or kick him out of bed but hey, it's father's day. I'm not totally heartless. Unfortunately, I couldn't go back to sleep so I got up, got ready and waited until it was time to meet my Dad and Bre for breakfast. (Bubba couldn't make it this time.)
We've never done this with Dad before, we usually go see him for dinner or something. But we've had so much fun on Mother's Day we thought we would try it out with Dad. I am so glad that we did. I honestly don't remember the last time that I had a conversation with Dad without 15 kids running around us. I think he was a little overwhelmed with how much Bre and I talk and how much we pick on each other. He asked if anyone ever compared us to a 2 man comedy show (or in our case 2 woman). Anyway, we had a lot of fun and I really hope this becomes a tradition just like the mom's day breakfast has.
Bre, Me and our Poopsie (That's a little nickname that Bub came up with a long time ago. I'm sure Dad loves it.)
Me and my Daddy (He actually has a great smile with really cute dimples. He just rarely shows it off in pictures. :)
Bre and Dad
This is a pretty accurate picture. She has never been intimidated by him. I think she is the only person in the whole world who isn't!! :)
Bubs called and interrupted OUR breakfast with Dad to tell him Happy Father's Day. Of course Bre and I had lots of fun picking on them both about it. :)
When I got home from breakfast the kids were ready to give Bry his cards and gifts. Bailey picked out her own card and also gave him Coolwater cologne. Yum. My favorite. :) Luke and Presley gave him a card and a gift certificate to Massage Envy. Afterwards, we went to Benihana's for lunch and then spent the rest of the day swimming. Mom and D came over for a swim too. It was such a good day. I hope Bry enjoyed it as much as I did.
Bailey and Daddy
Luke and Daddy (L's smile doesn't look fake at all does it?) :)
Presley and Daddy. Such a Daddy's girl!
After the kids gave Bry his stuff, I gave him a card and a huge cinnamon roll with tons of icing on it from Perkins. This is exactly how the kids reacted! Poor Daddy. He was so sweet and cut it in to four pieces and shared with his babies. That's what being a great Daddy is all about I guess.

No comments: