Monday, June 8, 2009

The Nick Hotel

After a long night of driving, the kids were so ready to get out of the car and check out the Nick Hotel in Orlando. We knew that we (the adults) would be too exhausted from the drive to do much else so we just let them explore and then later they went swimming and had a ton of fun on all of the water slides and things at the hotel. I wish I had pics of this part of the hotel but on this trip I really wanted to focus more on having fun with my kids than on getting great pics.
I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Orlando with kids. First of all, we got it for a really great price. It is totally opposite from any normal hotel. Everything is geared towards the kids instead of the adults. Not to say that it wasn't fun for us because it was. The difference was that we didn't have to worry that our kids were screaming their head off or running through the halls or that your child just knocked their drink off the table because everyone else had kids doing the same things.
Really, it was awesome. I think we could have just stayed there the whole time and the kids would have been happy!
All of the kiddos sitting in Blue's thinking chair. Their were Nick character statues everywhere throughout the hotel. As well as character breakfasts, a daily "sliming" and a 4-D theater.
This was on the wall in our room. (For those of you not hip to all things Nick, it's Carl from the Jimmy Neutron cartoon.) The kids loved it but it kind of freaked me out. I could see it from my bed and I kept waking up thinking that there was a kid standing there. :)
There is only so much excitement an old man can handle. :) Notice the remote in one hand and his cell phone in his lap. :)

1 comment:

Gabby said...

looks so cool!!! I am loving the pic of Bryan!!! Hilarious!!!!!!!!!