Thursday, June 11, 2009

Islands of Adventure

I was so exhausted from the first two days of the trip that I couldn't tell you if the hotel beds were comfortable or not. I probably could have slept in a dumpster and wouldn't have known the difference! Even so, the alarm clock went off bright and early for another fun-filled day of rides, lines, sunscreen, etc.
I have to say, if it were up to me, we would probably skip Disney World and go straight for Islands of Adventure. I love Disney, really I do, but it is soooo crowded and the rides at IOA are awesome. Anyway, that is where we went on Tuesday. We all had so much fun on the rides. There are several water rides and we were thoroughly soaked!
I guess since I get so much enjoyment from telling other people's embarrassing stories I must tell one of my own. I'm cringing as I type...
So, like I said, we are soaked from head to toe after riding 3 water rides in a row and we head off for one of many potty breaks. After placing one of the little paper potty protectors on the seat I proceed to do my business. When I stand up I realize that because of the fact that I was soaked the paper is stuck to my legs and my bottom. I try to peel it off but instead of coming off in one piece, it starts tearing in little strips. And because it takes forever to get all of the little strips off, the paper starts drying to my skin. Ever tried paper mache? Well, it hardens..fast! I got off as much as I could and then just gave up. I walked out of the bathroom and everyone was like "Where have you been!?" Of course, I just had to tell them. It was too good of a story to not share. Needless to say my family had a really good laugh at my expense due to my paper mache'd bottom! Especially when Peyton noticed that I still had some stuck to my leg! The great thing about my fam though is that there isn't much that can embarrass you. You would never survive around us if you couldn't take the heat. :)
Me and my fam in front of the Hulk ride. Bry and Peyton were the only ones to brave that one.
My kiddos at the Dr. Seuss spray park. They love this area!
Bre's fam plus Bay. We called her Bre's adopted daughter all week. They were in the Jurassic Park area for kids. You can't tell but Bre is completely soaked. They had an area where you could have water wars. It's addictive. I gave up before she did though. She was DRENCHED!
Presley had so much fun in the Dr. Seuss play area!
I love how Presley and Luke are posing in this one! I think Bay was over the pics by this point. :)
Bay bought this visor for herself. I love it. She is so proud of the fact that she has a weird family. Most kids would be embarrassed at her age but she totally embraces our craziness. :)
Peyton being...well, Peyton. We had fun with all of the little comic strip bubbles!

2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

We hadn't even thought of going to IOA. We may have to add that to our list if we have time. Where is IOA?

angier said...

Islands of Adventure is one of the Universal Studios parks. We LOVE this park! You really should go if you have time!