Thursday, June 11, 2009

Always the entertainer....

About halfway through our day at Islands of Adventure the sky opened up and let loose! We ducked under the nearest shelter, which was a little overhang outside the Cat in the Hat ride. We were squeezed into this little area with about 40 other people for at least 30 minutes. I couldn't believe how hard it was raining! For a while we entertained ourselves by watching all of the goofballs who decided to run through the "hurricane" and ended up slipping, sliding and falling. I swear we watched at least 20 people bust their butts!
Then Peyton says "Hey Ange, you got 20 bucks on you?" Always suspicious of Peyton, I answer "Uuuuum yeah, why?" He says " For 20 bucks, I'll go out there in the rain in front of everyone and do the truffle shuffle." Now, not only are there about 40 people under our little shelter but there are also people squished into small areas all around us. Not to mention the people walking, running and slipping by. Could I resist this? No, I could not!
I pulled out the $20 and told him it was his, IF he let Bry call everyone's attention to him first, Bre videotaped it and he had to shuffle his truffle for at least 30 seconds! We had a deal!!
Needless to say that everyone in the surrounding area were laughing their butts off as this big goof walks out in the middle of the rain, lifts his shirt and commences to jiggle his belly all around! I am still trying to figure out how to get the video on here so that everyone can enjoy that little moment as much as I did!
I have to say, it was probably the best $20 that I spent on the trip. It also kept everyone from thinking about the rain for a few minutes, which was, in the end, what our entertainer was trying to do!
Oh, and for those of you who lived under a rock in the 80's and don't know what the truffle shuffle is, check out this video...



No comments: