Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just another day at the Zoo


Going to the zoo has become one of our favorite summer activities. We go early in the morning so that we can get out of there before it gets too hot. Bre and I pack lunches and have a picnic so that we don't have to pay the ridiculous prices for food. They just added a "Birds and Bees" exhibit that the kids absolutely love! For a dollar you can get your own feeding stick and the birds will hop right on and the that just thrills the kids! Their other favorites are the polar bear and sea lion exhibits. They are fairly new also. I like it because it is air conditioned but it is also really cool to watch the polar bears swim around and play. I think my kids could go every day and not get bored with it! Here are a few pics of our fun day at the zoo...
The kiddos enjoying the bird exhibit!

Carson and Cameron like the zoo too!

Our little explorers!
Bay found an unusual spot to rest. :)
I thought I would include a little video for entertainment purposes. :) My girls LOVE to dance and they had the perfect opportunity at the bee exhibit where there was a little dance area. I have no idea where these moves come from, maybe their Daddy??:)

3 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

I wish we had a good zoo here! It isn't that great....no polar bears, no hippos :( I would love to take the kids to the Memphis zoo someday. I LOVE the girl's moves :) That rock!

Melody said...

the video is absolutely HILARIOUS!! We haven't been to the Zoo in forever since it's been so hot, but we are going to have to check out the bees and birds exhibit, sounds like so much fun :)

Melody

Gabby said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Love the dance moves!!!!! I miss our zoo!! This one is not near as good!!! :(