Sunday, July 12, 2009

Road trip!

Last weekend I joined Dad and Bre on a road trip to Heber Springs, Arkansas. My cousin Lewis was getting married and it also gave us an excuse to visit with family that we haven't seen in way too long.
The 3 1/2 hour trip went by surprisingly fast. Bre would not shut-up the whole way there (or back)! She was either singing along to her i-pod (very painful to our ears) or talking about who knows what. I don't think I've ever asked someone to shut-up so many times in my life! Poor Dad. I think he was a little overwhelmed by us. He laughed a lot but I also noticed him going to his happy place a few times.
We finally got to my Aunt Lisa's house, which is a double wide trailer sitting on about 3 acres of land in the middle of nowhere. There were two people we didn't recognize sitting on the front steps. When Dad stopped the truck Bre asked "Dad, are you sure this is her house?" he said "Yep" and he quickly exited the truck. I said "Alright, but if I hear banjos playing I'm outta here!" It didn't escape our notice how anxious Dad was to get away from us. :)
Anyway, we had a chance to visit for a while before heading off to the wedding. Which, by the way, was being held at the Damsite. You have no idea how much fun we had with that! (Where you goin? To the Dam site. Alright, see you at the Dam site. How in the heck do we get to the Dam site?) O.k. maybe we were a little giddy about being without responsibility for a whole day but at the time EVERYTHING seemed funny to us.
The wedding was really laid back and beautiful. We enjoyed spending time with each other and with our extended family. Dad got to shake his groove thing on the dance floor. (I have video that I will hold for blackmail.) Then we headed home.
The drive home was really fun. Bre and I were acting like kids so much that Dad actually had to get on to us a couple of times. That brought back memories! Once, while he was on the phone, Bre and I got into a wrestling match for some reason. We had each other in headlocks and we were acting like fools and he had no idea what was going on. He just continued to drive and kept talking on the phone. Which is really surprising since we were all sitting in the front seat of his truck! How did he not notice two grown people beating each other up right beside him?
Anyway, I am really glad we were able to spend the day together. I hope we find another excuse for a road trip soon. :)
Me & Bre taking a pic of ourselves.
Dad and his girls.

Such a lady. :)
Bre & Dad ordering some late night sonic on the ride home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahaha!!!!! I was laughing the whole time reading this!! you are such goofs!!!!!!!!!

Gabby said...

ok that was from me and I have no earthly idea how Donald got on there!!! :) LOL!!!