Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bailey's Messy Birthday Party

Bailey loves reading my blogs, especially when they mention her. Well, with everything that has gone on in the past couple of weeks, I never got the chance to blog about her birthday party. Needless to say, I have heard lots of complaints about this and also reminders that I need to get to work on it. :) So my sweet Bay, here it goes...
Those who know me pretty well are aware of the fact that I like order. Not into messes. Seriously, play dough gives me the hives. But, since having children, I have been determined to not let that affect them. So when Bailey said that she wanted a messy party, I took some calming breaths and got to work.
I could write about all of the things we did but sometimes I think it's better to let the pictures speak for themselves....
Bay and the beautiful sign that I made for her.
Bay and the gang destroying my beautiful sign with finger paints.
Yep, that's a pool full of spaghetti. They were looking for treasures hidden under the noodles.
The kiddos after playing the slime game. They had to dig thru buckets of slime and find a necklace with a medal on it and then put it on.
This game was called "mess head". They picked a card with things like choc. syrup, slime, whipped cream on them and whatever they picked was then poured over their heads. If they picked a card with Bay's name on it then she got "slimed" also.
Presley picked strawberry syrup. :)
Bailey and Brando. She loved the fact that everyone kept picking her name.
After all the games were over, the kids were complaining about not being messy enough. So Bre and I dumped the buckets of slime on their heads.
Bryan spraying everyone off so they could go play on the water slide.
Bay getting a pie in the face.
Austin loved getting pied. He would try to lick all of the stuff off while I was pieing him. :)
Aussie showing off! The water slide is always a big hit!
Bay blowing out her "Bailey" candles. We couldn't believe they actually had her name.

After cake, we set up an ice cream sundae bar and let the kiddos make their own. Presley wanted lots of chocolate on hers!Ella and Seth wanted nothing to do with the messy games but they were all for the cake and sundae bar!

2 comments:

Melody said...

This looks like so much fun, what a great idea Angie!!

Melody

Elizabeth said...

This is the greatest party ever! I wish I could have been there!