Monday, July 13, 2009

Georgia on my mind

Bryan has been traveling A LOT lately. For the past 6 months or so he's actually been gone more than he's been home. So, I asked him if it would be o.k. if we tagged along on one of his trips. Surprisingly, he agreed.
After making it home from the road trip with Dad and Bre I got in bed at around 1 am. At 4 am Bry was waking me up so we could hit the road for Georgia. Ugh! We were actually suppose to leave at around 3 but I guess he felt sorry for me.
Anyway, the next few days were spent with me and the kids exploring Atlanta while Bry worked and then we would all have dinner together. On one of the nights we saw the laser light show at Stone Mountain. He also took part of Thursday off and went to the aquarium with us.
There are a few memories from the trip that stick out in my mind. Like when we went downstairs for breakfast one morning. I left the 3 kids at the table and went to the buffet line to get their food. I look over and the two little ones are running across the hotel lobby and Bay is trying her best to catch them. She said before that, they had her down on the floor and were beating her up. People at other tables were laughing but also telling them they shouldn't beat up their sister. It was a little embarrassing.
Another memorable moment was when we went to the botanical gardens. They had a really cool kids area, but you have to walk through all of these other areas to get there. We finally make it to the entrance and I am taking a pic of the kids before we walk in and the sky opens up and it starts pouring! We run inside this giant caterpillar head to keep dry, not knowing there were all of these random holes where water could get in. So we make a run for this little Indian hut. After standing there for a while I decided to put their bathing suits on them and just enjoy the gardens in the rain. I was determined for them to enjoy themselves! So I change the little ones and I'm holding up a beach towel so that Bailey can change in the corner of this little hut. Luke announces that he has to go potty. I tell him to wait just a minute and I will take him. Bay finishes dressing and I turn around and say "o.k. buddy, let's go find a potty." He says "It's o.k. Mommy, I'm already going pee pee." To my horror, my son is standing there "watering" a very beautiful plant beside the hut! Bryan suggested we buy him a t-shirt that says "I peed at Atlanta's Botanical Gardens." Ugh.
Anyway, the rain stopped after a little while and we ended up having a great time there. After a couple more days of sight-seeing and hotel living I headed back to Memphis without Bryan. He informed me on the second day there that he had to stay later and he would fly back. This may not seem like a big deal to most people but to me it was terrifying. There was a time not too long ago when I wouldn't even drive on the interstate. I would go out of my way to avoid turning left. I was so scared of driving!! So add that to driving from Georgia to Memphis with 3 kids in the car and I was a nervous wreck! What if they're all asleep and I have to go potty? What if I run out of gas in some place that has no gas station? What if I get lost?
Luckily, none of that happened (Except the gas thing, that almost happened. There are NO gas stations in Butthole, Ms!) and we arrived home safe and sound at around 9 pm. I was so relieved to see my house and to press the garage door opener.
The garage opened slowly and revealed what looked like the remains of a break-in or a tornado. Apparently, my dog got out and tore up a ton of stuff in my garage and then pooped all over the place. I couldn't even get my car into the garage it was so bad! Why did I think adding a dog to my chaotic life would be a good idea??
Bry says this is her Miss July Calendar pose. :)
I told them to be pose like sculptures.
Bry took us to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I could get in real trouble there!
Bry and Luke in front of Stone Mountain.

The kiddos ready to watch the laser light show at Stone Mountain.

This fish was cracking me up. It was like he was posing for the pictures!
This was pretty funny. The whale kept accidentally smacking Bay upside the head with his fin.

2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

How nice that you guys could tag along :) And I love that Luke peed on a plant....something Caleb would so do! Glad y'all had a good time.

Gabby said...

Love the sculpture pic!! the kids being sculptured that is! :) Looks like fun!! I also love the story of how chaotic it was to try to find a dry spot!!! hahahaha!!!! LY~!