Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mud Island

On Sunday afternoon we met Bre and her older two boys at Mud Island. I brought little boats for all of the kids and they had a blast racing the boats in the River Walk. We just let them splash and play and do whatever. It was such a nice day and great to see the kids enjoying themselves so much. They had a great time rolling down the steep hills there. They also loved riding on the monorail.
Afterwards we rode the trolley to Peabody Place and had dinner at Jillians. The kids loved the trolley! The dinner at Jillians, not so much. Bry said his steak was like eating his shoe. (How he knows that, I'm not sure but whatever.) Bailey said her pasta with marinara tasted like soap. Bre tried it and said that it indeed did taste like soap. Bre found a nasty snot like substance in her salad, which she proceeded to wipe on my arm. Thanks for that Bre. I started to feel kind of bad so Bry took Presley and walked back to get the car while we let the other kids play in the arcade at Jillians.
After about 15 minutes we got a call from Bryan. He informed me that I had the car keys! Oops!! So he talked a carriage driver to drive him back for a very discounted rate. I gave him the keys and he took off to get the car. Again. He ended up having to walk back to the car because the trolley shut down at 6 pm. Poor guy. And he didn't even get upset! He just did his best to keep a good attitude and hurry back to me b/c he knew I didn't feel good.
He's not giving me very many reasons to pick on him these days. :) I think he knows that it will end up on my blog if he does. hehe. Anyway, overall it was a really great day.

4 comments:

Gabby said...

Awww! I miss doing stuff like that for cheap. :) Jillians was always so crappy when we went too. I wonder why? You would think for where it is and everything that they would have better food and service! Looks like you had fun! bre looks awesome! Makes me sick! Of course you do too. But SHE JUST HAD TWINS!!!! I mean, come on!!!:)

Laura said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! I agree that Bre looks great. It's totally not fair that she looks that good after having twins.

Elizabeth said...

How fun!! Note to self- never eat at Jillians.

Zachary Allen Wiggs said...

Great story. I love DT Memphis. Wish I lived closer. We will never eat at Jillian's after this story. Gosh!