Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Girl

Things have been a little hectic this past week so I didn't get a chance to blog about Bailey's bday. So, here it goes...

9 years ago a little miracle entered our lives and has brightened our days ever since. Our sweet Bailey is such a joy to us. She is so smart, so beautiful. She amazes us every day. She is so good with her brother and sister. She is my little shopping buddy. She is her Daddy's girl. Bailey is funny and loyal. She's shy but she has no problem speaking up for someone she loves. She is protective and helpful. She's girly but also sporty. She loves to dance and read. She loves to draw and do crafty stuff. She loves her family so much. She is so organized and has a great memory. There are just too many wonderful things about her to list them all. I truly cannot imagine my life without her.
Anyway, for her party she decided on a luau theme. We decorated the garage and had a big water slide in the back. Right before the party Bay started getting a migraine. She was so sick. I felt so sorry for her. She went straight to bed in hopes of feeling better but sadly she didn't. It was too late to cancel the party so we just went ahead and hoped that she would feel better.
Sadly she felt bad for most of the party. She stayed inside and watched while her friends played on the slide. She spent a lot of time sitting in Papaw's lap and then Grammy's. We had arranged for the "Lickety split" ice cream truck to show up and she was determined not to miss that. Bre Bre volunteered to carry her down the hill, which Bay loved! :) She was able to get in the truck and serve ice cream to her friends and herself. After that we had cake (Bay's favorite-Sand pail cake) and then opened presents. Luckily, Bay did feel good enough after that to go play outside with her friends for a while. I was so glad. I felt so horrible that she was feeling bad for the first part of it. She did tell me later that even though she didn't feel good that she had a really great time at her party.
I can't believe my baby girl is 9 years old!! Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday that Bryan and I were praying for God to bless us with a child. Little did we know how much he would bless us or how fast the time would go by!
Happy Birthday my Baily Boo. I am so proud of you. You are my sunshine.

2 comments:

Gabby said...

awwww!! poor Bay!! I hate that she was so sick!! She is so beautiful Angie!!! Looks just like her momma!!! Hate that we missed it! sounds like such a great time! How did you ever think to get the ice cream guy and let her serve out of it??????? Where do you come up with stuff!!!!! :) You are so creative!!!

Fred and Renee said...

Daughters are wonderful. The best part is that it only gets better after they are grown up. Kind of like growing your own best friends. I treasure my relationships with Liz and Tori more than they will ever know ( at least until they have their own girls).