Thursday, July 24, 2008

Am I being punked??

One of the things that I love about being in my 30's is my new found security. I feel better about myself than I have in my whole life. That is not to say that I don't have "fat days" or times when I wish my hair was a different style, but most of the time I feel pretty confident. Gone are the early days of my marriage when I would have a fit over my hubby looking at a pretty girl. Not that he did it a lot but c'mon everyone looks, right? And I'm sure half the time a lot of it was made up in my mind, but whatever. I'm not like that anymore. I know that he loves me. He loves me when I'm fat, he loves me when I'm sick and snotty, he loves me dressed up or in t-shirts and jeans, he loves me when I'm cranky. He loves me. I'm secure in that.
All that said... the funniest, most ironic thing happened on the beach while we were on vacation last week. There I was relaxing on my beach blanket, chatting with my mom, watching Bry play with Luke out in the ocean. The beach wasn't that busy because it was still pretty early in the day. When out of the blue I noticed a huge group of people out of the corner of my eye. I turn to see a dozen beautiful, young, bikini clad girls walking down the beach. At first, I thought they were just taking a stroll, but then they turned and started walking out into the water. Let me mention that they came from way down the beach somewhere. There was plenty of ocean to go around from their part of the beach. I watched as these cute girls walked out into the ocean and kept walking until they stood not 2 feet from my husband. And it wasn't like he was close to shore. He and Luke were a pretty good way out and they were all alone because as I mentioned before the beach and ocean were not crowded during that time. I mean, hello! It's the ocean! It's big enough for these girls to stand at least 5-10 feet away from him! Preferably more, especially since they came from the other end of the beach!!
Anyway, I sat there in awe for a minute and then turned to my Mom and said "Am I being punked??" She just busted out laughing. As did a woman who was sitting close by reading a book who had also seen the scene unfold. My mom thought it was so funny and ironic that she started snapping pictures. Bailey took a few too. She was baffled also. She said "Mommy, why'd they come all the way down here and then go all the way out where Daddy is??" I was actually kind of grateful that I wasn't the only one who witnessed it because I probably would have thought that I was imagining things.
We all got a pretty good laugh out of the situation and also the fact that Bry kept his neck so stiff and his eyes looking straight toward the beach where we were sitting. Later, Bry told me that Luke wasn't making the situation any easier. He said Luke kept saying "Hey Babies"!
Well, here are a few of the pics they took to help you picture the situation better. Enjoy...


5 comments:

Gabby said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That is so hilarious!!!!!!! I wish I could have been there!!!!! I am sure you looked just as beautiful as they did though! Maybe not as "young" but as pretty!! Maybe even prettier in Bryan's eyes! :) lol!!!!!!!!!! Too funny!!!

Elizabeth said...

That's hilarious-- I'm sure they just couldn't resist your husband's sexy manliness!! Ha ha!! Good for you for not taking the situation so seriously- no doubt Bryan loves you more than anything in this world. Hee hee-- cute story.

Fred and Renee said...

That is funny! It probably made Brian's week! Good ego boost for him. But I am proud of him for not reacting.

Gabby said...

Where is Bryan in the second picture? and why is the boat tilted up to one side?? Shwing!
Love Don

Holly Aytes said...

That is great :) Glad you didn't take it to serious.