Friday, June 27, 2008

Fun in the Sun

I had such an awesome day thanks to my hubby. I met the girls (Mom, Bre and Jo) at Mom's pool, completely kid-free. My kiddos aren't feeling great this week but Bry insisted that I go anyway. I do love that man. :)

Anyway, it was so awesome to actually be able to sunbathe and to swim. Normally, I am either applying sunscreen to the kids, handing out snacks, wiping noses, blowing up pool toys, trying to keep their swimmies on them, changing their diapers or I am in the pool with one of them hanging off of me, so I don't get to do either.
I was still surrounded by kids, but nieces and nephews are different. You can play with them for a while and then go back to reading your book. :) After a while, Jo and her kiddos went with Mom and Bre's babies back to her apartment. Bre and I got to relax and act silly while we watched Aussie swim. As usual, Bre tried to get me to stay longer than I needed to. She is such a bad influence. :)
Aaaaah, such a nice day. Thanks Babe.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

great pictures!!! I hope your kids get to feeling better!

Gabby said...

Aww! good hubby! :) So nice to have a mommy day every once in a while! :)

Holly Aytes said...

That sounds wonderful. I miss the days of laying by the pool, reading a good book and working on my tan :) Matt is never at the pool with us b/c of us his weekday work schedule and our weekends are normally too busy to include the pool. Sometimes my mom/dad (my parents have a pool and that is where we go) come out and swim with the kids but I still don't relax b/c Madison will only "swim" with me :) Yeah for Bryan for giving you some alone time!