Thursday, June 5, 2008

I miss my friend.

(photograph by Elizabeth Wiggs)

It seems like Bryan has been gone forever. Maybe it's because we are off our "school routine" or if it's because I know that he is going to be gone for 6 or so more hours this time. He had a busy schedule on this trip, so maybe it's because we haven't had many chances to talk on the phone. Whatever the reason, it sucks.

I usually only say nice things about Bry on special occasions. I don't want him to get a big head or anything. :) When he is home, we get on each others nerves. We pick on each other. We take each other for granted. Then he goes out of town.

I miss him being here to help me. I miss having him to pick on and to vent to. I miss his hugs and his foot massages. I miss the way I feel when I see him playing with our kids. I miss how we laugh at the same stuff. I miss sharing all of the sweet, funny and crazy things that our kids do. I miss sitting up watching t.v. together after the kids have all gone to bed. I miss how we can just sit together in comfortable silence. But most of all, I just miss my friend. Just having him here with me.

I can't wait for him to get home so I can go back to not liking him again. :)

2 comments:

Bryan said...

I was just telling Wes about our nights of silent relaxation after the kids go to bed. You are my backbone, Ang. I love you and can't wait to wake you at 12:30 tonight! Keep writing good things about me so I can feed my ego!

Love!

Joanna said...

really, ange?!?

(j/k)...that was so so sweet!!!