Sunday, August 16, 2009

Super Daddy (Uncle)

The title of my blog is A day in the life of Super Mommy, but this blog is about my hubby who has proven many times that he is Super Daddy. The latest example has been the past couple of weeks. Jo's Papaw was in the hospital and sadly ended up passing away. They needed someone to watch their kiddos several times while she visited him and then to attend his funeral. Strangely, each time they called I was gone somewhere and Bry was home with our kids. This rarely happens. Anyway, he insisted that they bring the kids anyway and he would watch all 5 by himself until I could get home. The first time they came over there ended up being Tornado warnings. Luckily, Jo hadn't left yet so he made a spot for her and the kids in the laundry room. He put down pillows and blankets and set up his laptop with a movie for them. I am amazed at how he handled that. 2 adults, Bay, 4 kids age 4 and under and a newborn all stuffed in a laundry room! When I got home, Jo had left and he still had it all under control. He had everyone in their pjs, sipping their chocolate milk, cuddled up on the couch finishing their movie. He was in the kids rooms cleaning up the toys!
And that was just the first of several times he did that in a 2 week period! But each time he insisted that I stay where I was and that he would handle things until I got home. I am so proud of him and so grateful to have a hubby that loves his kids, nieces and nephews so much!
Ella, Presley, Seth and Luke cuddled up in the laundry room during the storm.
Seth sitting in the train table.
Bay had a bad migraine so Bry put a warm towel on her head.
Presley was telling me what was wrong with Bailey.
Presley decided that she had a headache too and wanted her Daddy to get her a warm towel.
Luke, Ella and Presley playing.
Seth LOVES his Uncle Bryan. He was attached to Bry's side almost the whole time he was here.
Luke and Ella Bella.
My little monkey climbing on her kitchen. That grin is b/c she knows she's not suppose to do that!
Seth was a little too quiet in Presley's room so when I went to check on him this is what I found. He had put every piece of her jewelry on that he could find! It was hilarious! I thought Bubs would like this picture. :)

No comments: