Thursday, August 13, 2009

A day in the Country

My grandparents live in Medon, Tn. Never heard of it? Not surprising. It's a very small town outside of Jackson. Their house sits on a large piece of land that my Mamaw grew up on. My uncle lives next door and up until about a year ago, my other uncle lived across the street. When we're there, we feel so removed from the craziness of the world. It's country. I have always loved my Mamaw and Papaw's house. So much so that I got married in their backyard. :)
We don't get to visit as much as we'd like, but a couple weeks ago we surprised them and showed up at their door. I brought some stuff to make for lunch and we spent the whole day just enjoying being with them and playing outside with the kids. Mamaw and Papaw ADORE their grandkids, especially the little ones. :) I can't explain how it feels to see my babies playing with my grandparents. I'm amazed at the energy that they bring out in Mamaw and Papaw. You would never know that either one of them had any pain by the way that they get out and play with the kids. And the kids LOVE them so much! It was an awesome day, one I hope to repeat very soon.
Mamaw LOVES sassy little girls and BOY did she find a prize here. :) Presley has her wrapped around her finger. (Hence the beautiful necklace around P's neck that she sweet talked Mamaw out of!) Luke, Presley and Mamaw "exploring". Bay picking peaches. The little ones were fascinated that you could find fruit somewhere other than the grocery store! :) Presley wanted to try her peach right then. So of course, Papaw obliged by peeling and slicing little pieces for her. Mamaw brought out some watermelon and Presley didn't wait for a fork. She dug right in! Bay eating some yummy watermelon. The kids were picking locust "shells" off of the trees. I was not loving that but as long as they kept them away from me, whatever. :) Papaw, always Mr. Mischief, put one on Bay's shoulder. She was o.k. with it but it was a different story when he encouraged Bay to put one on Mom. Now that was funny. :)

4 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

My Grandparents live not too far from Jackson in a small town called Hornbeak..ever heard of it? They are 88 and 89. the too live in the country and on a big piece of land with no neighbors so lots of freedom! We love getting to visit. I try to go as much as possible but it is hard since it is a 6 hr drive! The kids love getting to go. My Grandmother is still active but my Granddaddy is no longer able to walk. Luckily that has only happened in the last few yrs so they were able to see him when he was still farming. I will be sad when they are gone :( Glad you and the kids are able to enjoy your Grandparents too!

Unknown said...

HAHAHA!!! He is so dang cute!!!!! They have hardly changed!! Glad you had fun! Cant wait to see the pics from today!

Gabby said...

ok that was me but didnt know i was logged in under him! :)

mom said...

that was so fun, wasnt it angelina??i wish i could see them every week..i am starting to really cherish being around them,,and it is always good to have yall go up there..