Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The the the....The GRINCH!

So, I had this great idea. I wanted to take my kids to see Grinch Ice in Nashville. I had seen it advertised the last few times we were there and several people told me that I just HAD to take the kids. I asked Bre, Bubs and their fams to go with us. After much planning, scheduling and rescheduling we all met up (some of us 45 minutes late!) and headed to Nashville.
It was kind of funny because the weather was warm enough for short sleeves and we were all covered head to toe in winter wear. Once in line, we were each handed heavy "brilliant blue" calf length coats to put on top of our own "winter wear". As uncomfortable as this was, it didn't take long for us to become grateful for them. Because everything at ICE is made from...well ice, the temperature must be kept between 6-9 degrees. Although, there were a couple of problems with the blue coat situation. One- poor, sweet Seth could not move his arms and we couldn't stop laughing at how funny that looked. Two- all of the kids (ours and others) looked alike so it was very hard to keep up with them.
Check out the pics to see all of the freezing fun!
Seth was feeling a little stiff. :)
Some of the kiddos.
If you look closely you can see that Brandon is about to stick his tongue to the ice. Now that would have been interesting.
When we first got there Presley LOVED it!
It didn't take long for her to realize that cold weather is NOT for her!
Bay and the Grinch.
Jo and BreElla on the ice slide.
Bubs is probably going to kill me for this one, but I couldn't resist! WEEEEEE!
Ella and the Grinch
Bre, Brandon, Austin, Bailey, Luke, Presley and me.
Luke loves the Grinch's dog, Max.

Our silly kiddos. I think the freezing temps affected their brains. :)

2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Looks like fun! We will be checking that out next year, I have never heard of it!

Fred and Renee said...

That does look like fun! I especially love the picture of Joey on the slide.