Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night...

Merry Christmas!! Just thought I would give a little peek into some of the holiday traditions and goings on at the Ross house...
Christmas decorations!! Bry only blew out one outlet this year! Woo Hoo!
Lots and lots of shopping!
This was another shopping trip. Bay and I were being silly, taking pics with the Christmas decor at the mall. I love this pic, it looks like they're having a little chat.
Pictures with Santa! Or as Presley calls him- Hohoho.
School Christmas parties... Bay's class made money trees for families in need. They also decorated cookies and played games.
School Christmas programs... Bay LOVES her music teacher! She is the sweetest lady and does an amazing job at getting Elementary School Kids to make beautiful music.
We have breakfast on Christmas eve with my sibs and their fams, Mom and D. This is one of my favorite traditions. We have so much fun together.We draw names for the kids, usually in November, and they get to exchange gifts with their cousins on Christmas eve. I love how close our kids are, I pray that they will stay that way!
New pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve. I actually found matching ones this year!
We always make some type of cookie on Christmas Eve. This year it was Gingerbread Men. Bay made a cute little beach babe.
Presley had so much fun decorating her little guy. (or girl. I guess there is too much pink going on there for it to be a boy.)
Luke had a blast adding the candies to his man, but he wanted to eat it as soon as he was done!
Mom wanted to start a new tradition this year. She had each of her kids and their families over separately for dinner and to open gifts. That way she had more time for each grandchild.
Bay brought some cookies to make with Grammy for dessert.
And of course there are presents to unwrap!!
Grammy and Grumps usually try to come over on Christmas morning to visit. The kids can't wait to show off all of their new stuff to them. Bay talked Grammy into making this gingerbread train with her.

We visit with Gammy and Papaw (my Dad and step-mom) in the afternoon on Christmas Day. Presley got a high fever around lunchtime so Bry kept both babies at home while Bay and I went to Dad's. I was visting with everyone so much I completely forgot to get my camera out! Gammy sent the babies gifts home with me and I told her that I would take pics of them opening them. They loved their gifts. Especially the blankets with their names on them. Gammy makes the best stuff!

Usually, at some point during the day, someone passes out. I guess their little bodies can only take so much excitement in one day! My sweet Luke tried his best to stay awake but finally fell asleep in his Daddy's arms. So sweet!

We had a wonderful Christmas. My favorite thing about Christmastime is being with my family. After Jesus, they are my most precious gift.

I wish the same gifts for everyone reading this, Jesus in your heart and a family to love. Merry Christmas!!

No comments: