Monday, December 8, 2008

Dancing in the rain

So many things have happened this week. Some great things and some, not so great. I told my mom the other day that I actually feel like I am under attack sometimes! :) Here are a few of the things, good and bad, that have happened.
The good...
Bry sent me on a shopping trip to Nashville with my Mom.
The bad...
On the way to Nashville, I noticed that my car sounded like and airplane about to take flight.
The good...
We had and awesome time on our trip and made it home without my car breaking down.
The bad...
After having all of the fluids replaced, we took the car to the dealer. My whole rear end has to be replaced. Axle and all.
The good...
It's still under warranty.
The bad...
I am having a horrible time with back and neck problems right now. The only relief is my nightly bath. On Wednesday night I ran my bath water and couldn't wait to get in. I put my foot in and realized that it was ice cold water! Come to find out, our water heater quit working.
The good...
Again, under warranty. We had to go without showers for a few days but it's working now!
The bad...
The day after the water heater fiasco, Bay came downstairs complaining of it being cold in her room. Yep, the HVAC upstairs quit working!
The good...
God bless warranties!!! (It's still not fixed but hopefully once the part is replaced, we will be back in business.
The good...
We celebrated my Dad and Bubs birthday at our house on Saturday. Happy Birthday to the first two men I ever loved! :)
The bad...
Presley got sick and puked on the floor. Oh, and Bama lost to Florida. (Can't get much worse than that!)
The good...
Bailey was baptized on Sunday night. Bubba was able to baptize her which was so awesome! They have always had such a special relationship so I was really excited that they were able to share that. A ton of our friends and fam were able to be there. Bailey did amazingly well when it was time to share her faith story. She was really nervous beforehand and was worried about speaking in front of everyone. You wouldn't have known it though. She spoke clearly and honestly about how she came to know Jesus. I was so proud of her. I'm sure having her Bubbo there with her helped a ton!
The bad...
I'm sorry. After watching my little girl publicly displaying her faith in God, it is hard for me to find anything negative to say!
(We gave Bay her first cross necklace so that she would always remember this day.)
It's been a crazy week but it's helped me to realize that no matter what life throws at you there is always a way to find the positive. I read a quote when we were shopping in Nashville and it has stuck in my head ever since. It was...
"Life is not about living through the storm, it's about learning to dance in the
rain."

2 comments:

Gabby said...

I love that! You are so wise in your old age. hehe! I love you and am glad everything is getting better! Congrats to Bailey!! That's so great that Joey got to do that! I'm glad you and your mom had a fun time shopping! I feel like I have been dancing in the rain for a year!!! :) Thanks for this post! LY!!

Holly Aytes said...

That was so well written! I am glad there were positives to balance out the negatives. Taylor is on the threshold of being baptized...she actually asked a little over a year ago but we weren't really sure she was ready so we have been going through the Bible this year and I think she truly understands everything now. Matt will be baptizing her which means I will be bawling on the "sidelines" :) I too have done much dancing in the rain this past year :)