Friday, November 28, 2008

Different, but Nice...

In our attempt to make sure that we were able to have a Thanksgiving meal with all of our family members (by hosting an early dinner), we somehow ended up with nothing to do on Thanksgiving Day. My Mom spent the day with Bre's fam and her in-laws, Jo and Bubs are in Florida, we're seeing Dad on Friday and Bryan's family all live out of town.
We decided to make the best of the day and just spend quality time with our kiddos. First, I got up and made their favorite breakfast, chocolate chip pancakes. Then we all got dressed and went outside to rake leaves. I know that probably doesn't sound like fun to most people but my kids love anything outside. So we were able to get a chore done and they got to play in the leaves and hunt for acorns. They were making a Thanksgiving Feast for the squirrels. So cute.
After lunch and naps we surprised them and took them to see a movie. We saw Bolt. It was really cute and the kids did awesome. They hardly made a peep except for when Presley got up, did a little ballerina twirl and then announced to the lady in front of us "I pooted". Bailey and I just about fell out of our seats laughing!
After the movie we decided to go to Perkins for dinner. We let the kids choose what they wanted to eat and then they all had a big chocolate chip cookie for dessert. We were all so tired and stuffed that we went home, put on our p.j.'s, vegged out and watched The Grinch.
It was different than what we are all used to for Thanksgiving but it was actually really nice. I am so thankful that God blessed me with Bryan and my precious babies. There is no one that I would rather have spent the day with than them.
My beautiful Bay helping pick up the leaves.
They were throwing the leaves and letting them fall on their heads. :)
Even my Sassy girl helped out!
Bry was blowing the leaves. Presley picked up this attachment and tried to help by blowing into it. Hilarious!
No make up again! I'm going to start hiding the camera. :) Me and my sweet babies at Perkins.

Bry and Presley. She was being so silly that night!

No comments: