Monday, November 3, 2008

One Crazy Month

Whew! This has been one crazy month! Besides all of the birthdays that we celebrate in October, here are a few of the other things that have kept us busy....
Bailey's soccer season is coming to a close. We have practice on Thursdays and games on Saturdays. She's so adorable out there and she's even scored a few goals!! She really loves defense though. She can be pretty aggressive when she wants to be. :)
The babies love to go to Bay's game and cheer for their big sister! Bryan, of course, insists that we all wear our Bama gear due to the fact that Bama also plays on Saturdays. He allows Bay to wait until after her game to put on her Bama wear. :)
On Wednesdays we've been going to "tike's and trikes" at the skating rink. It is such a fun day for the kids. The skating rink is open only to the little ones and their mommies. They have a blast and we get to sit and actually have conversations with other grown-ups!
Jo, Ella and Seth have been going to "tike's and trikes" also. I had to include this pic of Jo and Seth freaking out over how fast the slide was in the kids play area. Look at how much Ella is enjoying their terror! Love it!
I had the pleasure of babysitting for Ella and Seth for the very first time!! I will admit it was a little crazy having 4 kids under 3 all to myself (Bry did come downstairs when the screams got too loud). But it was also fun. They have such a blast together. Especially Ella and Luke. They are buds. I do have a new respect for parents of multiples though. Getting lunch together was insane and nap time was close to impossible!
We went to Zoo Boo with Bre and fam. May I suggest not doing this on the last night?! There were sooooo many people there that we were hardly able to move around. It wasn't quite what we were expecting. The candy they gave out was not exactly what the kids were hoping for and the candy stations were spread out so far that you had to walk through crowds of people to get to the next one! Towards the end we figured out that the rides were free (surprisingly) and the kids had a blast on those. So the evening wasn't a total bust. We did have fun just hanging out together too. Next time I think we'll save the $90 something dollars and hang out together somewhere cheaper.
Oh, the week before this we went with Bre's fam to the Corn Maze. At night. With 4 adults and 7 children. Pretty smart huh? We did fine for a while and then we got lost. You want to see stress and desperation? Lock 4 adults in a maze with that many kids. (Did I mention it was dark?) We finally got smart and went back to the halfway point and got outta there!
Also this month I finally got up enough courage to get my hair cut. I used Locks of Love for motivation. I just kept telling myself "You are helping someone" over and over again. It was still quite traumatic when she put my hair in pigtails and just chopped it off in 2 slices!! I was able to donate close to 20 inches though so that does make me feel a lot better. And as Bailey keeps reminding me, it's only hair and it will grow back.
Here are my little trick or treaters! My kids LOVE Halloween! Bailey was Hannah Montana, Luke was a red Power Ranger and Presley was my little Tinkerbell. (Bry was Billy Ray Cyrus-mullet and all, and I was an 80's chick. I was suppose to be Wendy, to Presley's Tink, but once I got the costume on I asked Bry "Tell me the truth, do I just look like an old lady in a blue dress?" He looked at me and said "yeah, pretty much!" So 80's chick I was...) We hit our neighborhood first, then went to Jo's and then Bailey and I went to Bre's so that Bay could hit a few houses with Aussie. Presley cracked us up! At every house she would say "trick or treat, let my in!" She actually walked right into one house and Bry had to go get her out. When she didn't think she was given enough candy she would stay there with her bag out and say "MORE"! They all had a blast and were exhausted when we got home.
I love October but I am so glad that it is over! I'm pooped!!!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love all the pictures... but I'm going to seriously need a picture of your new haircut!!! PLEASE?!?

Gabby said...

Yep, love the cut! I especially love the pic of Joanna and Seth!!!! so cute!!!

Zachary Allen Wiggs said...

I have been noticing on your blog that you have been able to cut yourself from any pictures. HMMMM could it be the fact that your hair looks different? Come on now, put a pic up!!!! Tell Brian I said ROLL TIDE!