Monday, November 24, 2008

Potty Time! Woohoo!

It's been pretty busy around here lately, as it always is this time of year. We've had sick kids, Christmas shopping, Daddy traveling, dinner parties, class parties, you name it!
During this crazy time a small miracle has occurred. Well, it seems like a miracle to me because I was starting to think it would never happen. My sweet Luke has finally decided that he is ready to use the potty!! We have been trying to introduce potty training to him for mmmm, about 2 years now! He knew how to do it, he would do it on occasion but he just didn't want to do it. Why take the time to stop playing and get up and go to the potty when he could just go in his pants and have someone else clean it up?! We tried everything...encouragement, bribes, punishment, books, movies. You name it we tried it! And then suddenly, this past week, he just decided that he was a big boy and he was ready! Can you feel my excitement? I've been changing diapers for close to four years people!! Anyway, Way to go Buddy! I knew you had it in you. (No pun intended.)
(Luke in his big-boy underwear. Apparently he thinks peeing in the potty makes him a rock star! )

1 comment:

Gabby said...

YAY!!!!! Way to go Luke!!!!! And a big YAY for a new post!! :) J/K! As you have seen I haven't put one on in a while either!! hehe!!