Monday, January 19, 2009

I don't get it...

For some reason, my kids feel that they have to join me when I go to the restroom. It never fails. I will wait until they are totally involved in something and then sneak off. I'll shut the door and take a seat...and then I hear "Mommy, where are you?" or they will just come bounding through the door unannounced.
Sometimes they come to tattle, sometimes to ask for help with something, but mostly they just come in and stand there. Why don't I lock the door you ask? Well, because they will hit and kick the door until I come out. Or they will take the locked door as an invitation to do something mischievous.
I know I'm not the only Mommy that goes through this. As a matter of fact, I can remember following my own Mom into the bathroom. I just don't remember why. Maybe they like the fact that I am stuck in one spot, or maybe they are afraid I might fall in?? I'm not sure.
Anyway, I took my camera with me the other day so that I could record the memory. I know one day when they are grown I will get used to going to the bathroom by myself again. I wanted a reminder of how different things are now than they will be then. I'm sure I will appreciate my "alone time" when they get older. But I am also sure there will be days when the bathroom feels a little lonely.

This picture is completely unstaged. I was using the bathroom and they all came in to visit. :)

1 comment:

Gabby said...

I dont get it either!!! Every single time even if Don is here or not!! They never have a question until I have to go to the bathroom or get in the shower!!!!!