Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Bre!!!

As you will soon see, Peyton's Birthday sets off what we call, (in our family) the busy season. Well, we don't actually call it that, but it is a busy time of year. Saturday was my sister's birthday. We had everyone over to celebrate. We ate Bry's yummy burgers and dogs and then had bday cake. We also had the annual banana split cake that Bre requests from me. No, not requests. Demands. She's a little spoiled. But we made her that way so we can't really complain too much.
Bre is the baby of our family. She was born 7 years after me. She likes to remind me of that. A lot. When my parents brought her home from the hospital my first impression was "Wow, she's huge!" Well, she was. She weighed almost 10 lbs! Soon after that though I fell in love with her. In fact, I liked to pretend she was my baby. I carried her around, changed her diaper, gave her bottles. Soon, she turned in the petite, squeaky voiced toddler. She was so adorable, you couldn't help but love her.
The next phase of her life was the tomboyish, annoying, give me all the attention, I love to aggravate my big sister, "I'm not touching you" (while she holds her finger an inch away from your face), phase of life. She and I were not the best of friends. I still loved her, but I was much too cool for her and she didn't much care for me either. I liked makeup and boys and she liked dirt and bugs.
Then, overnight she turned into this moody teenager who wore lip gloss and didn't play in the dirt quite as much. She also grew about 5 feet and started dressing like a girl. We started having more in common and I gave her a little more attention and figured out that I kind of liked her.
Now, I can't imagine my life without her. She is so important to me and my family. She's funny and smart and crazy. She doesn't take crap from anybody. She makes me laugh until I pee. She listens to me when I need to vent. She taught me that it's possible to burp like a man and still be cute. :)
Happy Birthday Doof! No more banana split cake for a year. Enjoy it!!

Another family photo, with Dad and Trish this time.
Bay in her Bama jersey. (It was game day. Bama won. Can I get a roll tide??)

Presley feeding Seth.
Jo and Bubs

1 comment:

Gabby said...

love the hat!!! beautiful family!