Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tea for Three




This is the scene I walked in on the other day. Bailey found her old tea set while we were unpacking stuff and so she set up a little tea party for the babies. They dressed for the occasion in hats, tutus and whatever else they found tea party worthy. She even had rules for what is proper for such an event. I heard her tell Luke (the pirate), "No swords at the table". Surprisingly, he responded with "Oh, I'm sorry" and he put his sword to the side.
There is nothing better than seeing your kids playing together and getting along. They have so much love for each other. They have their little "fights" like everybody else but when one of them gets hurt, the other two rush right in to give kisses. They are super protective of each other, Bailey turns into a mama lion when she thinks her brother or sister is being mistreated. The babies are the same way for her and each other.
It makes me feel like, even in all the craziness that is our life, that we must be doing something right for our children to have so much love and respect for each other.

2 comments:

Zachary Allen Wiggs said...

I really like that they are close. You guys have done well.

Gabby said...

I second that! You are doing great!! :) Missed you this wknd. I got your message. :)