Saturday, September 13, 2008

My neice and nephews

There's nothing I love more than being a Mommy, but being an Aunt comes close. I have been blessed with the most beautiful and precious niece and nephews. I love spending time with them and try to do so as much as possible.
On Monday Joanna, Ella and Seth came over to visit while Bubs was out for a "business dinner". Jo and I had this great idea to buy one of those cardboard houses and let the kids color it and then play in it. It was fun and the kids loved it but it wasn't as beautiful as we thought it would turn out to be and it really wasn't strong enough to withstand hurricane Luke. We ended up just watching Disney movies, playing outside and letting the kids take turns riding (with Bryan) on the riding lawn mower. Here are some pics...
(More about our week below...)

On Thursday, me and the babies met Bre, Jo and kiddos at the Playground of Dreams. There was hardly anyone there so the kids felt like they owned the place. The playground is fenced in and there is only one entrance/exit so we were able to sit and chat more than normal. After a while it got really hot though so we went for a walk. They have a walking trail with another smaller playground at the other end. The kids loved running around on the trail and discovering treasures (bugs, rocks, sticks, etc.) We were struck by how many kids that we have. Of course, we are aware of how many kids we have, it's hard not to notice. :) But when they are all together like that it's just crazy! We were outnumbered big time. :)

I am so grateful that I live so close to my siblings and am able to have such a great relationship with them and my niece and nephews. I can't imagine not having them as a part of my life on a regular basis! They bring so much joy to me and Bry and the kids. It warms my heart to see my kids playing with their cousins and how much they love each other.

Here are some pics of our fun at the park...

2 comments:

Gabby said...

Awww! So so sweet!!! I am so glad you all are so close!!! I know you know this but.....treasure it! Not everyone has such a blessing! Love you guys! :)
P.S. I cant get over how fat those little baby boys are!! I love it!!!

Elizabeth said...

These are so sweet!!!