Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy (Late) Birthday Pey Pey

I am a little late posting this but my life is just too crazy right now! Besides the fact that I am still working on getting us settled into our new home, trying to get in the "back to school" state of mind, and dealing with the craziness of my everyday life...I have also been to the emergency room with my kids twice in the last 2 weeks. But that is a blog for another day.
Today's blog is about my brother-in-law Peyton. We celebrated his birthday at our house last Saturday. Bre had to work the night before so we decided to just order pizza and swim. It turned out to be a really fun night. I think the hi-light of the whole "party" was when Peyton slipped on a stepping stone and tripped for what seemed like several minutes before he finally hit the ground and flopped like a fish. It looked like he was having a seizure! We probably should have asked him if he was o.k. but that was kind of impossible because everyone there was laughing too hard to speak. Good ol' Pey Pey. Always good for a laugh.
I usually try to say a few nice things about the birthday girl or boy that I am writing about. I have to tell you though, I am having a hard time with this one. Not that there isn't anything nice to say about him. It's just that we have this bro/sis kind of relationship and it actually pains me to say something nice about him, especially if he is going to hear about it. I guess I will make the sacrifice just this once.
When I met Peyton he reminded me of Eddie Haskell from Leave it to Beaver. Whenever there was a "grownup" around he turned into this charming, polite guy. As soon as they turned there backs though it was a whole different story. He is rude, crude and yes socially unacceptable. He has no problem passing gas in front of a room full of people. He is has one of the loudest voices I've ever heard. And he has taught my children some really bad habits. Examples? Making fart sounds with their armpits and a straw and mooning people.
A lot of people see Pey Pey as this big goofball and well, he is. The biggest goofball I have ever met. But he is also one of the best Dad's I have ever seen. He spends so much time with his kids just playing and being silly. He is always the one at family gatherings that ends up outside playing with the kids. He is such a great uncle. My kids adore him!
One of my favorite things about him is that he never fails to make me laugh. Not just laugh, but the laugh until you can't breathe kind of laugh. He has taught me not to take life so seriously. He has taken much abuse and aggravation from me and I've made many jokes at his expense but he takes it all in stride.
He is very protective of his family. He rarely ever loses his temper. And he will eat anything you put in front of him. Really. We've done experiments. It's disgusting.
O.k. that's about all the niceness for Pey-Pey that my stomach can stand.
Happy Birthday D-bag.
Oh yeah, enjoy a few photos from his bday party...

2 comments:

Gabby said...

awwwww!!! Happy B-day Peyton!!!! Old fart!!! hehe I said fart!!! Love the family pics. :) I want to see more house pics!! all angles!

joeyg said...

Great post sis. Love the pics. our fam is huge. love ya