Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Drama continued...

Bay had a terrible migraine on Sunday night and she was up all night (she gets really sick with her migraines), so she didn't go to school on Monday. Well, since Bry is out of town, I didn't get to run some errands that I really needed to run. She was feeling much better by mid-afternoon, so I got everyone ready and we headed out. It had been raining so I ran back inside and grabbed some raincoats just in case.
First stop- gas station. I was way past E! As I get out, the sky opens up. I had a raincoat on and was under a covered part of the gas station and was still getting soaked! I had just started to pump the gas when I hear a woman right behind my car shrieking about someone stealing something. I turn around and she is confronting a young guy who is in the process of trying to fit 3 kegs into the back of a very small car. There are 3 other guys in the car. The driver and 2 guys in the back. Apparently, he was trying to steal kegs from the store.
The argument was getting louder by the second and their language was getting worse. I was trying to decided if I wanted to go to another gas station when there was a huge clap of thunder, lightning struck and the power flashed out and then on again. I look over and I had only pumped $10. The machine informed me that I needed to go inside to pay.
I couldn't do that for several reasons. #1. I had my 3 kids in the car and I do not leave them in the car to go inside anywhere. #2. Even if I were the type who would leave my kids in the car, I was definitely not going to do it when there was a very bad scene unfolding right beside my car. #3. Noah had just floated by me on his boat. Did I mention that it was POURING!! So I sat there in the rain punching the "call for help" button on the machine so that they could come get my card or turn my pump back on or something.
Well, they were a little preoccupied at this point because the woman who worked there was now standing behind the car full of guys so they couldn't leave and calling the police. I got in my car, locked the doors and called Bry. I wanted to find out if he thought my first transaction had gone through b/c at this point I just wanted to leave. I did not however want to leave with stolen gas, especially when the police were already on their way. Bry said that it wouldn't have gone through until the end of the sale, so I shouldn't leave.
I got back out and pounded on the "help" button for a few more minutes (you know, buttons always work better when you pound on them, yeah right). This was when the thief removed his flip flops and took off running down the street. The cops showed up about 2 minutes later and took the other guys inside.
Long story a little less long, I waited until I felt everything was safe and I pulled up to the door and put my head inside and told the lady that I couldn't come in b/c I had my kids in the car. She was really happy to see me b/c she thought I had pulled off without paying for my gas. Anyway, she took my card from me and turned the pump back on and let me finish filling up. We ended up being at that gas station for close to 45 minutes. After I filled up and signed the receipt (at the door) we decided it would probably be a good idea just to go on back home.
What are the odds? Seriously? What are the odds that at the exact time that I start pumping gas that there is a downpour, a thief and a power outage all at the same time?? During a time of day when I would normally be home, but had to get out later due to Bay's illness and Bry being out of town and unable to help out??
Drama Magnet, I tell you!!!

2 comments:

Gabby said...

Bless your heart!!!! I love you but I am laughing!!! :) Only you!!!

Holly Aytes said...

Okay remind me to never go anywhere with you! Just kidding though it does sound like drama follows you everywhere, or maybe it is Karma :) Do you need to make a list (this only makes sense if you watch My Name Is Earl on NBC Thursday nights). Hope you can stay away from anymore drama, at least while Bryan is out of town :)