Monday, May 11, 2009

Pampered and Loved...for a while anyway.

After a fun breakfast with Mom and Bre, I spent the rest of Mother's Day with my beautiful babies and my wonderful hubby. They spent all day making me feel loved and special and pampered. Bry brought home Chili's for lunch so I wouldn't have to make anything.
I got lots of fun gifts. Bry bought me a cute pink Ipod Shuffle with the words "My husband adores me" engraved on the side. Then Bailey gave me a scrapbook that she had made for me filled with pics of her and sweet things she wrote for me. Luke walked in and gave me a purse that I wanted. He put it on his shoulder and walked around demonstrating how I should carry it, which was hilarious! Presley made me a crown in Sunday school that said "Queen for a Day" which I wore all through lunch. Prelsey kept telling me I looked "soooo cute" and like a "pin-pess".
After lunch he got the kids ready and took me to my "happy place", translation: Target. He bought me my favorite Starbuck's treat, a hot chocolate, and then we just walked around the store browsing and having fun together. Next, he drove me to Massage Envy. He bought me a membership for Christmas so I get to go once a month. He had made the appointment for me to make sure that I would go. He dropped me off and he and the kids had ice cream and watched movies in the car while I had my massage.
When we got home I took a very long bath and then relaxed while he gave the kids their baths and then put them to bed. Then we ended the night with Bry and I snuggling on the couch and watching the Celebrity Apprentice finale.
I have to say it was probably the best Mom's Day I've had so far. It was so awesome that they all went out of their way to make me feel special and loved. I know that reality will quickly return, bringing the screams, fighting and temper tantrums with it, but knowing that they appreciate me makes it all worth it somehow.
(Either that or I am still feeling really relaxed and mellow from my massage.)

1 comment:

Gabby said...

AWWWW!! That all was so sweet!!! Sounds like you had a great day!! You deserve it girl!!! Love ya!!