Saturday, October 11, 2008

Totally Rad Birthday Surprise!!


Well, I can't believe it but we actually pulled of an awesome surprise party for Bryan's 40Th birthday! The theme was totally 80's so of course we had to have it at a skating rink. Everyone came dressed in their 80's best and let me tell you it was a sight to see. I was really impressed by everyone's creative costumes. We posted 80's slang all over the walls, had a PAC-man cake, played 80's movies and all 80's music.
Bryan thought he was attending a Sunday School reunion party. And since it was so close to Halloween we just decided to make it a costume party. He had NO IDEA! I am very impressed by all of our friends and family and their ability to keep a secret. Thank you so much to everyone who came and helped out! We are so blessed with such wonderful friends and family! Bryan said that when he realized that he'd been tricked that he actually tasted metal b/c his adrenaline picked up so fast! I guess we need to be more careful about surprising the old man. :)
It was such a fun time! I think we may have to make it an annual thing! What do you think guys?? Are you up for a yearly 80's party?? After seeing how much you all enjoyed dressing up and skating, I would think so!
Enjoy the totally wicked pics of our gnarly group of friends and fam!!




3 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

That picture of Gabby is priceless...I gotta have a copy :) Looks like y'all had a blast! That is so cool that you did that, I would love to pull off a surprise party for Matt one day. I loved the 80's theme...that was great. It was cool that everyone really jumped in and dressed up. Some of those styles brought back some memories (and nightmares)! Did you know that in the J Crew magazine this month one of the models had "tight-rolled" jeans on! I sure hope that isn't coming back!

Gabby said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That was so much fun Ange! Don't listen to Holly. No swapping of pics!!! ;) I am so glad he was so surprised!!! It might be fun to do that yearly. hehe!! Love ya!!! We had a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw, so sorry we had to miss!!!! Happy Birthday, Bryan! =) Everyone's outfits look hilarious!