Monday, October 20, 2008

Over the Hill



Well, it's hard to believe but I am actually married to a 40 year old! 40! Fourty!! Forty?!?! Wow! That is insane! That is older than either of my parents age when I got married!!
Well, in all honesty it really doesn't seem that old to me anymore. But I do remember a time, not that long ago, when I thought of people who were 40 as grandparents. My Grandmother was a grandmother when she was 40. Of course, the fact that she started having kids in her mid-teens contributed to that fact, but still.
O.k., I'm getting off track. I intended to get on here really quick and talk about my wonderful hubby and tell him Happy Birthday but it just hit me... 40! :)
Anyway, Happy Birthday Babe.
You may be officially "over the hill" but you are still the man who makes my heart skip a beat. (Granted that's with your driving skills, but still...)
You are still the man who brings a smile to my face.
(Usually when you do something goofy like tripping over a toy on the floor.)
The man who is my hero.
(No one can tame a toilet with a plunger like you.)
The man who is so considerate of me.
(Courtesy flushes, exhaust fan and lighting a match! So thoughtful!)
Still the man who I want to go to sleep next to at night and wake up with in the morning.
(No really, I mean that one just like it sounds.)
Happy Birthday Babe. You may be and old man. But you are MY old man!! :)

I would also like to send Happy Birthday thoughts to my beautiful, talented, sweet, precious friend Liz! I hope all of your wishes come true!!

And to my "adopted" father-in-law Pops! Happy, Happy Birthday to you!!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

HAHAHA!!! that's awesome!
happy b'day brynee!!!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, Bryan!! That was REALLY sweet, Angie.