Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!

I didn't get a chance to blog yesterday so I'm a little late in posting in honor of my Mom's 53rd birthday. As usual she started her birthday helping someone else. I needed to be at Bay's school at 7:45 yesterday and Mom insisted that she come over and watch the babies for me while I went. I hated doing that since it was her birthday but she wouldn't hear of me calling anyone else.
That is just how she is. She rarely thinks of herself and will go out of her way to help anyone, especially her kids. The only times I remember her ever doing anything "selfish" are the times when we have forced her by buying her a gift certificate to a spa or sending her on vacations. Otherwise, she probably would never do things like that.

Anyway, the kids and I ran to the store the night before and got her some flowers, balloons and a cake and made her a bday banner so when she came in we could surprise her. She was so excited when she saw all of it! She says that I always make people feel special on their birthdays but she doesn't realize that I learned it from her! For as long as I can remember she has taken the day off on our birthday and she would come check us out of school and take us to do something fun. She did whatever she could to make such a big deal out of our birthdays. I have always loved that and I wanted to do the same for my kids.
Anyway, I just wanted to say Happy, Happy Birthday Mommy! And to say a few thank yous for some of the things that you've taught me and done for me...
Thanks for teaching me to find and hold on to the joy in life.
For teaching me to laugh at myself (and others), :)
For showing me that there is always a silver lining.
For reminding me that people are SO much more important than possessions.
That a smile can make someones day.
Thanks for being such a goofball so that I have someone to laugh at and make fun of. :)
Thanks for loving my babies so much and being such a good Grammy to them.
Thanks for loving my hubby like he is your own son and not always taking my side. :)
Thanks for teaching me your only as old as you feel.
Thanks for being my mom.
I am so grateful that God blessed this earth with you 53 years ago. I can't and don't want to imagine a world without your smiling face lighting it up everyday!! I love you!!

1 comment:

Gabby said...

Aww! How sweet! Happy Birthday second mom!! :)