Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat, Smell my Feet...

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love to see how the kids are going to express themselves through costume. I love how excited they get when it's time to go trick or treating. I love how neighbors come out of their homes and speak to each other. I love to "check" the candy when we get home. (Parent speak for picking out their favorite candy before the kids get to it.) I just love all of it!
In the past we have trick or treated with Bre and Bubs but it's getting harder to do that. So this year we all went to a fall festival at Bre's church. The kids had a great time playing games and getting lots of candy! Afterwards, we took the kids home, fed them dinner and headed out to see how much candy we could find. :)
My kiddos LOVE to trick or treat! Bailey is always the shy one but she is such a great help with the babies. Presley is totally the opposite of her big sis. She has actually tried to walk into people's houses. She also has no problem telling the people that she doesn't like that candy and looking in the bowl for a better selection. Kind of embarrassing for me. :) Luke talks their ears off! He wants to tell them his life story. We love to watch them having so much fun! I didn't get as many pics as I would have liked but I did get a few...

The 80's Rocker! Bailey and I made this costume for her. She LOVED her costume...I did too. :)

Luke Skywalker! It was either going to be this or a policeman. He decided to stick to his "true" self. :)

My little mermaid! Presley LOVES Ariel so when she saw this costume she was sold. It was hilarious watching her try to walk in this thing!

Such Cuteness! (Austin was shading his eyes and I think Presley thought he was saluting so she proudly saluted...I have no idea what, the camera I guess.)

Sweet Lily was asleep when we took the group shot so I had to get a pic of her once she woke up. She is so precious! I could just squish her!

Batman and Robin! My fat boys looked adorable in their costumes!

2 comments:

mom said...

they are all so cute and i hate that i wasnt there with them,,,halloween has always been such a favorite of yours ,,maybe cause your birthday is around that time...

Holly Aytes said...

OMG, Bailey looks so grown up in that picture! She is the spitting image of you :) Love Presley's costume too....Madison loves Ariel (that was the 1st princess we saw at Disney). She wanted that costume so bad but we couldn't find it in her size so she settled for Sleeping Beauty (in the stores the smallest we could find was a 4-6 and she needed like a 2/3 for her petite little self). We too love Halloween...we trick or treat with my sister, her husband and my parents (along with anywhere from 5-10 other families). Glad y'all had fun :)