Monday, March 30, 2009

Old Friends...Pun Intended

This past weekend we drove to Nashville for a 40th birthday party in honor of Bryan's good friend Don. Don is married to my best friend, Gabby. Convenient, huh? We planned it that way. :) Bry and Don were softball buddies long before I met and married Bryan. Gabby and I, of course, have been friends since the 10th grade. They both happened to be single and Bry and I thought..."How great would it be for his friend to date my friend"?! So we played cupid and the next thing you know they are married with 5 kids!!
We've had so much fun with them over the years. Double dates, road trips, softball tournaments, watching each others families grow (especially theirs! hehe!) birthday parties, playing board games until 2a.m. We used to play pictionary all the time and Don and Bry would get so upset because they would draw these elaborate pictures and Gabby and I would beat them with nothing more than a few scribbles on the paper. We knew each other so well that we could almost communicate without even speaking! Ha! That was hard for two competitive men to swallow. :)
Anyway, they moved to Nashville a couple of years ago but we still keep up with each other through blogs and email and we try to see each other as much as possible. We haven't been able to get up there as much as we would like, so I was determined to make this trip. Gabby had invited a couple of their other softball buddies as well. Bry was so excited to see them again. We had so much fun visiting with everyone. Bailey is buddies with their oldest daughter Haley, so she was happy to hang out with her, Luke quickly made friends with a couple of the younger boys and they dressed up and played Superheros all day and Presley....well, she can have fun wherever she is. :) We all enjoyed ourselves so much, we really hated to leave!
Here are a few pics of our day...
The guys showing what a difference a few years can make!!This looks a little different than those old softball photos!
All of the kids!! (most of them are Gabby and Don's! hehe!)

Bailey and Haley

Luke and Presley waiting to smack the pinata.

While Presley banged on the piano keys she sang at the top of her lungs "I'm sitting here with my friends..."
Me and Gabbers

Don and his cakes. If the picture appears foggy it's because there was a ton of smoke from all those candles!! Happy Birthday Old Man!!!

1 comment:

Gabby said...

OMG! I have got to lose weight and get my teeth fixed!! I actually look like I live in the hills more than I sound like it!! LOL! I feel horrible that you and Holly have your pics up before me! :) I was so glad you guys were able to come too!!! I miss you so much and cherish every minute we have together!! BE!! I loved the reminiscing of the old pictionary games!!! HEHE!! We were so awesome!! :) Thank you so much for introducing me to my hubby!!! he is pretty awesome!!!:)