Monday, October 26, 2009

Give me a B!!

When I was younger I secretly wanted to be a cheerleader. Unfortunately, I have a horrible fear of performing, speaking, doing pretty much anything in front of a lot of people. When I had a little girl of my own I had big dreams of her doing all of the things I never did. But I swore I wouldn't force her or even push her into anything she didn't want to do. So I have sat on the sidelines of her soccer games for the past 5 years and cheered her on. Not exactly what I had in mind but she loved it and was awesome at it!
Not long after she started school this year she brought home a sign up sheet for Young Champions Cheerleading. I almost trashed it because I really didn't think she would want to do it. I asked her and she said she really wanted to give it a try. I tried really hard not to show my excitement or get my hopes up. Well, she came home from the first class and she looked like she was lit from the inside! She was so excited! She LOVED it! Her first competition is in December and I can't wait to see what she has learned!
They gave out uniforms the other day and Bailey looks adorable in it! I know I say it all the time but I can't believe how grown up she is!

1 comment:

Gabby said...

B-A-I-L-E-Y!!! GOOOOOO BAILEY!!!! Oh My goodness!!! She is beautiful!!! Love it!!